- Focus Areas + Initiatives
- Get Involved
April is Distracted Driving Awareness Month
Sharing is caring!
Know the Facts
- Drivers in their 20s are 24 percent of drivers in all fatal crashes, but are 27 percent of the distracted drivers and 33 percent of the distracted drivers that were using cell phones in fatal crashes.
- In 2015, there were 3,477 people killed in motor vehicle crashes involving distracted drivers.
- More than half (53%) of all adult cellphone owners have been on the giving or receiving end of a distracted walking encounter, according to a Pew Research study.
- Ten percent of fatal crashes, 15 percent of injury crashes, and 14 percent of all police-reported motor vehicle traffic crashes in 2015 were reported as distraction-affected crashes
Read more facts at StopTextsStopWrecks.org
Responsibility has its rewards
This month our teen driving safety partner in Georgia, Teens in the Driver Seat, is giving away a number of prizes that include an Apple Air iPad, Galaxy tablet and apple/android watches! Download the app and start earning points for prizes: www.safedriverapp.com