- Focus Areas + Initiatives
- Get Involved
- 2022 Leadership Conference Resources
National TV Safety Day
Sharing is caring!
This Saturday, February 6th, is National TV Safety Day and it’s the perfect opportunity to make sure you’re keeping your kids safe from a TV or furniture tip-over.
Here are a few helpful tips to protect your children:
TV Safety Tips to Protect Your Kids
- Secure TVs. Mount flat-panel TVs to the wall. Place older, box-style TVs (CRTs) on low, stable furniture that can hold the weight.
- Attach furniture to the wall. Use anti-tip brackets, braces or wall straps to secure furniture to the wall. Install stops on dresser drawers to keep them from being pulled all the way out.
- Rearrange household items. Store heavy objects on lower shelves or in lower drawers. Avoid placing remote controls, toys or other items in places where kids might be tempted to climb up or reach for them.
- Recycle old TVs. To find a location that safely and easily recycles unwanted TVs, go to www.GreenerGadgets.org.
Source: Safe Kids Worldwide