- Focus Areas + Initiatives
- Get Involved
- 2022 Leadership Conference Resources
Holiday Season Toy Safety Tips
‘Tis the season for new toys for kids! With the holiday season fast approaching, there are so many ways to select toys for gift giving. When heading out to the toy store to catch the best toy sale, remember to keep safety top at mind. Baby toys, stuffed animals, and games are great for children and make wonderful gifts. But before your little ones play with any toys, learn how to keep them safe with the following tips.
Find the Perfect Toy for the Right Age
- Consider your child’s age and abilities when purchasing a toy or game. Read the instructions and warning labels to make sure it’s just right for your child.
- Before you’ve settled on the perfect baby toys, check to make sure there aren’t any small parts or other potential choking hazards.
Don’t Forget a Helmet for Riding Toys
- If your children have their hearts set on a new bike, skateboard, scooter or other riding equipment, be sure to include a CPSC certified helmet to keep them safe while they’re having fun. Even young children who ride push toys should be helmeted. If it has wheels it should have head protection.
- Learn more bike safety tips and watch our helmet safety video.
- Walkers are not recommended for infants.
Store Toys After Play
- After play time is over, use a bin or toy box to store toys for next time. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
- If your children are a mix of ages, ensure that your older children’s toys are placed out of reach of your younger children, as they can be choking hazards.
Sign Up to Receive Product Recalls