- Focus Areas + Initiatives
- Get Involved
- 2022 Leadership Conference Resources
Laundry Detergent Packet Safety
Sharing is caring!
Young children are explorers, and as they develop, they often learn by touch and by putting things into their mouths. Liquid laundry detergent packets are designed to dissolve in water. When they come in contact with wet hands or mouths, they start to dissolve and might release the concentrated liquid. We want to keep kids safe around liquid laundry packets. Here are a few tips to show you how.
Top Tips about Laundry Detergent Packet Safety
- Keep liquid laundry packets out of children’s reach and sight.
- Keep packets in their original container and keep the container closed.
- If a child gets into liquid laundry packets, call the Poison Help number immediately: 1-800-222-1222
Hard Facts about Laundry Detergent Packets
In 2017, there were 10,585 calls to poison centers related to laundry packet incidents involving young children – more than one every hour. That’s a decrease of 19% in the number of annual cases, since the peak in 2015.
To learn more ways to keep your kids safe this summer take a look at our Summer Safety Posts