- Focus Areas + Initiatives
- Get Involved
5 Safe Sleep Tips for Your Baby
Sharing is caring!
Take a look at these simple tips to create a safer sleeping environment for your baby.
- Because most infant suffocation occurs in the sleeping environment, babies should always sleep in a safe crib, bassinet or pack-n-play.
- Lay your baby on his or her back for every sleep.
- We know that stuffed animals, bumpers and all those cute accessories make a baby’s crib seem warm and cozy. Unfortunately, they can often do more harm than good. Soft bedding can block a baby’s airway during sleep. A firm mattress covered with a tight-fitting crib sheet is all you need to make your baby sleep like a baby.
- Room-sharing is a safer option than having your baby sleep in bed with you. Place your baby’s crib, play yard or bassinet in your room for more convenient feed and close contact
. Rememberto always return your baby to his or her own crib when you’re ready to go back to sleep. This is tough sometimes because parents are often more tired than the babies, but it is much safer.
Check out this sleep safety video with reminders on how to keep your little one sleeping safe and sound.
Find more Safe Sleep tips from Safe Kids here!