Baby Safety Tips
Sharing is caring!
CALLING ALL NEW PARENTS! If you’ve been looking for safety tips to help you handle your new bundle of joy, you’ve come to the right place. When bringing your baby home, it is common to have lots of questions concerning proper care for your new child.
Here are a few tips to set you on the right track when it comes to caring for your little one:
1. A firm mattress and fitted sheet are all you need for your baby’s crib. Remove blankets and toys.
2. Learn to use your child’s car seat the right way. Use this checklist to help.
3. Place your baby’s crib and other furniture away from windows and blinds. Your baby is safer without any strings or cords within reach.
4. Make sure you have both a working smoke alarm and a carbon monoxide alarm on every level of your home, and in all sleeping areas. Test the alarms to make sure they work.
5. Use a bin or container to store toys for next time when playtime is over. Make sure there are no holes or hinges that could catch little fingers.
Visit https://www.safekids.org/baby to learn more about how you can keep your newborn safe.
This post was prepared by Safe Kids Georgia Intern Annie Ndolo.