- Focus Areas + Initiatives
- Get Involved
Super Bowl Prep for National TV Safety Day
Sharing is caring!
With all the excitement around the upcoming Super Bowl LIII taking place in Atlanta in just a few days, what a perfect opportunity to huddle together and tackle TV tip-over prevention!
Take a look at a few TV Safety tips to consider in preparation for the game and festivities:
- Secure your flat-panel TV. Be sure your flat-panel TV is properly secured with a wall mount that has a safety certification by an independent laboratory (such as UL, CSA, ETL).
- Properly place your old TV. If you have a heavier, box-style TV, place it on a low, stable piece of furniture that is appropriate for the TV’s size and weight.
- Avoid placing remote controls, food, toys or other items in places where kids might be tempted to climb up or reach for them.
- Install stops on dresser drawers to keep them from being pulled all the way out. Multiple open drawers can cause the weight to shift, making it easier for a dresser to tip over.
Every 3 weeks a child dies from a television tipping over. Ten children visit the emergency room every day because of a TV
Don’t wait for half-time to get started but visit www.safekids.org today to check out more TV Safety tips to be game day ready.
This post was put together by Safe Kids Georgia Intern, Maria Britez