National Burn Awareness Week Tips
Sharing is caring!
75% of the time burn injuries in children can be prevented!
Your Child’s Safety Starts with You. Take a look at these tips:
- Never leave a child unattended in the kitchen.
- Place hot liquids and foods away from the edge.
- Turn the pot handles away from the outer edge of the stove.
- Use the back burners versus using the front.
- Do NOT carry or hold your child while cooking, use a high chair.
- Open microwaved containers slowly.
- Know the temperature of the water heater, 120 degrees Fahrenheit or lower.
- Keep all chemicals in a safe and out of reach place.
- Keep all electrical cords out of a child’s reach and outlets covered.
- Check car seat for hot straps or buckles.
- Candles are great but the open flame can burn. Place candles at least 12 inches from a child’s reaching distance
This post was put together by Safe Kids Georgia Intern, Shivani Patel.